Wednesday, May 18, 2011

technique

I see a lot of art, I'd like to think I go out of my way to absorb as much as possible. When I see certain older styles replicated today, especially more classical styles of art, It bores me. I mean yes, it's all very nice, well put together, but innovative. NO. I feel like certain styles have role models and it's more about the technique rather than expression.

One can argue, there is the flip side that you have to understand it to grow as an artist, so it can be used as a tool for expression. What is it the master or slave? I'm not sure.

I could see how someone could come up to me and say well, you are part of a style, lines are very pertinent to what I do, but if we are dividing styles by lines then everything is essentially a line! Then there is only one category.

What came first the chicken or the egg? The impact the consumer has on the artist mind, or the visuals impact on the consumer? The need to produce something to appeal to a greater audience, rather than to just create.

Sometimes I find myself getting angry with the world. I don't really care for all the bullshit that it bogs down my mind with.

There's an old saying, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

No comments:

Post a Comment