Tuesday, November 29, 2011

blind

I meet an old woman, i saw her artwork sittings on scanner it was really good water colors but the piece that stood out was a fresh winter waterfall landscape. but it was how she used this translucent paper that had wispy strings of line that dances acrossed it like a snow flurry. She had glued it to the painting, it was nice. Then I saw her with the painting so i walked up her and told her i thought it was really good and explained why. And then she started telling me how she was making them into holiday cards for her family, and that they meant even more to them because she was going blind from some illness that she suffered from.
She told me she would see things think that people weren't there and saw blotches. That she also was a porcelain painter and she always had a messy palette and everyone didn't know how she mixed colors. I told her that that doesn't matter as long as you can make colors. I think she was more conservative in her thoughts about art. I told her i was sorry to hear about her going blind, and i wished that she miraculously wouldn't go blind
I couldn't imagine what i would do if i went blind, my heart really went out to this lady cause i knew how much that would change your life. I thought about it and I told her that actually you could still paint, you could be an abstract artist. You would just know where the colors were you'd really have to imagine it in your mind to materialize it but i think that'd be pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment