Sunday, September 30, 2012

the package

A dream from last night, I had gotten a package from someone who I hadn't talked to in awhile. It was sitting on my bed, I picked it up and examined it. Only the label across the top was holding it shut. I thought it strange that it held during the shipping process, so I pulled it open. Inside the box it was stuffed with smaller boxes. I opened the first box, it was my Lisa Frank stamp collection which i didn't remember giving away but, I was glad to see back in my hands. I set it aside, and went to look inside the package and opened the next small box which was filled with long legged, rubbery multicolored ponies. Their hair was raggedy, I laid them out on the bed in a line, there were duplicates and some were worse off than others. I sat there admiring them for a bit. The ponies were colored teal, pink with yellow polka dots, ugly tan, and violet. I went back to the box and found a hand written letter, on yellow lined paper with blue ink it was ripped into a triangle, so i couldn't read everything. The letter read, "superboy will belong to draft and he rejects it and fights against it." and then something about "you're crazy jerk I'm glad we don't talk anymore."
Then the alarm clock went off.

No comments:

Post a Comment