Wednesday, September 7, 2016

:) comics

Insomnia <-really good art
is it just me or is smackjeeves full of yaoi comics :)


I like to go the library too and rent books there it's great
Some i've recently read that I thought were really good..


Unico by Osamu Tezuka
love all full color illustrations the character designs are so cute
I really enjoyed some of the humor where they jump out of their reality
to make fun of themselves or the reader.

Delphine By Richard Sala
really good twisting story, creepy illustrations fun read
don't want to say too much about this one cause i don't
want to spoil it!
Magic Knight Rayearth 1-3 getting my way through the sequel
Magic Knight Rayearth II too. I love clamp i'm a big fan of Card Captor Sakura,
Clover, Chobits pretty much everything they do is great

Did anyone see the Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter?
haha i actually liked the imagination of it
this is a great comic Noah van Sciver does a good job
My Love Story By Kazune Kawahara art by Aruko
another good shojo is PEACH GIRL i really like that one too
good drama I love the main character
he is very memorable and well drawn

El Deafo by Cece bell was also really good, slice of life story
of a deaf girl and what it's like interesting read cute drawings

Dragon Puncher By James Kochalka really fun concept
with the faces being photographs and just enjoyable
to see the fusion between photographs and drawings
Also read The Glorkian Warriors Delivers a Pizza
by this author that one is also really funny and cute the
"voices" he writes for his characters are unique
I was debating which one to use the cover for
cause I really enjoyed both so much

This One Summer by Jillian Tamaki & Mariko Tamaki
the illustrations are so wonderful great expressions and subtle timings
Ant Colony by Michael Deforge
I like the randomness of all his writing
but at the same time i think he writes about
himself in very abstract ways but...who doesn't?
 Incinerator is a good one by him too but
Ant Colony is one of my favorite


Other Great Comics books to check out too

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. Vol. 1 and Vol.2
with Erica Henderson as the illustrator

Habibi By Craig Thompson

French Milk by Lucy Kinsley

Tomie Collection by Junji ito


SO MANY COMICS SO LITTLE TIME GAHHH

No comments:

Post a Comment