Friday, November 11, 2016

Books about Witches

Scary Godmother by Jill Thompson
rented this from the library and it was so great, her illustrations are so detailed and unique
the story is cute for all ages i read this during October right before Halloween perfect book to get you in the Halloween mood! I love Jill's work so much I've also read Magic Trixie which is also worth reading as well! 
The Lunch Witch by Deb Lucke
lately I've been seeing so many illustrations about witches and most of them are leaning toward the modern witch, goth/punk witch/teenage young adult witch...This story was a great throw back to the classic ugly witch trope and making her a lunch lady was so fitting. The illustrations were so loose and free and I loved how Deb drew expressions. A must read for a witch lover! 

Baba Yaga's Assistant by Marika McCola and illustrated by Emily Carroll
This one is really good I am a big fan of Emily's work. The story was a fun spin on the character Baba Yaga although I will say this rendition of her reminded me of the Ice King from Adventure Time with the blue skin, white hair, expressions, and nose but the depictions of magic were cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment